Song Review:: 82MAJOR: X-82- Stuck

  • Release date: 2024 October 15
  • Album tracklist: Stuck, Thorns, Face Time, Gossip
  • Album runtime: 11 minutes

 Most of what I know about 82MAJOR is that the group has the younger brother of P1Harmony's Keeho. And the little I've seen of him seems to say that he is close to a carbon copy, which I think is adorable and may drive him a little nuts. Or he loves it. Either way, it's inescapable.

And not a song on the album is over three minutes long. Sigh.

This song has a lot of the urban sounds embedded in the instrumentals. Although, hilariously, I listened to it a little bit to get the vibe off it before I fell asleep, and then I switched to a different album, Seventeen's new one. First song on the list was Eyes on you, featuring almost identical urban-esque instrumental at the beginning especially. That's funny. It also reminds me of Fire, also by Seventeen. Which tells me and my inexperience with the genre in general that this is a hip-hop song. It doesn't feel like a song that's over three minutes, even if it's barely over that. I like the cute little whoops in the instrumentals, which are largely standard hip-hop instrumentals from what I can tell. But, that's not a bad thing. The tried-and-true formula is the way it is for a reason, crafted to affect the listener in a specific way and is very effective at it. The slow down at the end of the song is interesting, but then it doesn't do anything after.

I think there's only one section of the song where I hear singing, which doesn't particularly stand out among the rapping. The rapping, I think it's good? This didn't immediately suck me in and hold me hostage, which is made more difficult by the fact that this isn't what I would normally listen to. This also doesn't make me want to look up more of their music because I like it. But I do want to see if they have anything that I do like, but it's not enough for me to actively go looking for it. Curious, but not that curious.

I am having severe VCR and VHS flashbacks, especially older ones. I almost expected to hear "Coming soon to own on video and DVD." This also marks my age, but it's fine. And then what follows after that is something almost on the Sleep Talking scale of odd. There's definitely a storyline, but I also have some questions. I feel like it's somewhere between the movie Karate Kid and a mafia movie, but goofy. Which is an interesting combination, I'm not going to lie. Crimes against fashion seems to be what the conflict of the music video is over. Strange? Yes. Enjoyable? Also, yes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: ITZY: GOLD- Gold

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Seventeen: SPILL THE FEELS- LOVE, FAME, MONEY (Feat. DJ Khaled)

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down

Song Review:: Rose (BLACKPINK) x Bruno Mars: APT.