Song Review:: BEWAVE: Be Your Wave- Hard to get to you

 

  • Release date: 2024 October 10
  • Album tracklist: Hard to get to you, Never lose you again, Hard to get to you (Inst.)

  • Album runtime: 10 minutes

This is a rookie group which debuted in April, which immediately concerned me because of my personal age rule. But, luckily, the maknae was already twenty at the age of debut, which is excellent, and I now don't have to worry about being able to listen to them or not if I like them. I like this current trend. The debuting at the age of fourteen one, which is not something new and still makes me a little ill? Not so much. Also, the songs are a decent length. 

I'm not hearing anything that overly catches my attention in the instrumentals. The guitar is nice to hear and prominent enough that it's easy to pick up on. There's also a brief segment of audience participation snapping, which is nice. But I'm not enthused about the instrumentals. They're not bad. But I'm simply not excited by them.

I had to enlist the help of a "name this song" to figure out which song the opening vocals of this song reminded me of. The answer is What Are We by Baekho from NU'EST and Jiwon from fromis_9.  I keep circling around NewJeans and ILLIT as well for similar sounds, even though I don't listen to either of them because of the maknae age problem, and am having to judge by the limited amount I've seen of the challenges, so I could be entirely wrong. But a group that I'm hearing a lot of similarities in the vocals of this song is Oh My Girl. It's a very similar airy sound vocally. 

This is a cute music video. Very wholesome. I like the choreography that we get to see glimpses of. And it has a lovely message. "Sometimes, when you fall, you'll have to get back up on your own. But more often than not, there is someone who will help you get back up." I also really like the idea that it's them going back to reassure their younger selves that things will be alright. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down