Song Review:: NMIXX: Fe304: STICK OUT- Love is Lonely

  • Release date: 2024 August 19
  • Album tracklist: See That?; SICKUHH (Feat. Kid Milli); Red light sign, but here we go; BEAT BEAT; Moving On; Love is Lonely

  • Album runtime: 17 minutes

 A-ha! I just checked on their ages and the maknae is an adult, which means I can listen to NMIXX if I decide I like them! I could not have when they debuted because the maknae only turned sixteen that year, but it's been long enough that she's an adult now. Whoo!

So it turns out that I've got Moving On in one of my regular listening playlists.

Also, this was a slow day, so I grabbed a random one I haven't reviewed yet.

The instrumentals sound a lot like a Beatles song. There's also another song that this sounds like that starts with "Ooohs", which is unfortunately the only thing my brain is handing over about that other song. I feel like it's a NU'EST song though, so I suppose I'll be listening to their entire discography to see if it actually is there. In the meantime, I'm not sure that more than three instruments are used here, which is fine. I actually enjoy it because the specific lack of ornamentation strips this song down to its roots and allows for a very clean sound that stays out of the way of the vocals.

This song has shades of Love Wins All by IU and also Coldplay songs. NMIXX is managing to pull off a happy sad sound, which isn't the same as bittersweet. Bittersweet is more sad than happy; happy sad is more happy than sad. I really appreciate the scale progressions, both up and down, as well as the subtle harmonies layered into the song. It's actually a very beautiful song.

The way that it starts at dusk, continues to deep night, then transitions to day is brilliant and, again, supports the happy sad sound. I actually love the storyline of "No matter who else comes and goes, we love each other, we support each other, and we stand by each other." The people at the beginning all left, except the members. Then there was a period of estrangement, possibly representative of future solo activities, but in the end, during the bright hopeful day, they're still together. And I love that. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna