Song Review:: ONE PACT: fallln'- DESERVED

  • Release date: 2024 October 18
  • Album tracklist: At the last moment, DESERVED, I still do, Reach you, Next life, My dear

  • Album runtime: 18 minutes

 Yay, ONE PACT! As happy as I am for Jay being in B.D.U, I can't wait for him to get back to his group.

This starts off with a pretty fast BPM, and then it thankfully slows down a little when the vocals start up with an interesting clock ticking. This sounds like pretty standard house music, but it does have moments where there are disruptions and the instrumentals smoothly glide the vocals forward rather than aggressively propel them. There is something interesting that I noticed and I might not have if I hadn't been listening to it on repeat as is my standard. The very end instrumentals after the singing stops uses a rest instead of a final aural beat, which actually tells you that the song has ended, while the introduction of the song picks up exactly the same as where it ended. It's a loop, but it also gives you that indication of "Yes, the song is done now." That's actually pretty cool and I appreciate it.

Whoever is doing those ad-libs, oof. That's a clear tone. The group's voices match very well with the style of the song, a little raspy in places, mellow in others. This is a song for an intimate venue. Not that it couldn't be done in a huge arena, but it's a dim lights, smoky room kind of song. For some reason I'm thinking fedoras, even though it sounds nothing like music from the 40s. Maybe it's just a noir song in disguise and that's why. Regardless, the end result is something that's very pleasant, but not something that I think I would just listen to on repeat of my own volition.

That's a very clear timepiece motif the music video has going on there. It's about as subtle as a brick. I thought at first this might be a slice of life, but no, there's definitely a plot going on. I'm not entirely sure I know exactly what it is, but, without sitting down and settling into full analysis mode, I'm thinking it has something to do with time travel or reincarnation. Now, obviously my brain is in Seventeen mode right now, but the lighting during the night cycle made me giggle. The one member looks like Fear Jeonghan, but with a black background instead of a white one. This makes him less hard on the eyes, and also more easily spotted. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: ITZY: GOLD- Gold

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Seventeen: SPILL THE FEELS- LOVE, FAME, MONEY (Feat. DJ Khaled)

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down

Song Review:: Rose (BLACKPINK) x Bruno Mars: APT.