Song Review:: Yoo Taeyang (SF9): Hug Me {Debut}

  • Release date: 2024 October 06
  • Album tracklist: Hug Me

  • Album runtime: 4 minutes

 It took me about thirty seconds to place where I knew his name from. He's SF9's main dancer! This is why I watch survival shows like I do, because they're an easy way to get to know a handful of groups and be able to identify for later use. I honestly was not expecting to see his name on the comeback list, because last I saw, Hui was the only one slated for a release on the 6th. Wait, is this his solo debut? I'm going to mark this as a debut. If I'm wrong, I'll come back later and change it 

That sounds like an acoustic guitar, which is not a common instrument I hear normally. Electric? Yes. Acoustic? Not really, which is a shame because it can be so pretty, as is evident here. There's also an electric guitar, which is much more audible, but really, the fact that the acoustic is even there just makes me happy. The synth and the drums stay back as support rather than showpieces, which is for the best as with this style of song it would be very easy to upset the delicate balance and overwhelm the vocals. 

Wow, I had no idea he had this kind of voice in him. Granted, I've never spent a whole lot of time focused on SF9, but this is such a soft sound. Absolutely lovely. Seriously, I was not expecting a ballad to come out of him, and if this is in fact his debut, my entire perception of him must change. I'm happy to change it, because I just want to bask in his voice right now.

HOLD UP. Is this music video accurate? Is he an acoustic guitar player? I noticed his name under composer and lyricist, but I didn't expect... Yoo Taeyang, you just keep surprising me, and it's making me curious about what else I don't know about you. That sweater looks so good on him. This isn't slice of life, because it feels like there's a plot, but the genre is definitely cozy. Well-titled song.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna