Song Review:: RESCENE: SCENEDROME- LOVE ATTACK

  • Release date: 2024 August 27
  • Album tracklist: Lucky you, LOVE ATTACK, New World, Pinball
  • Album runtime: 11 minutes

 I saw this song got a win almost two years after it was released, and my eyebrows went up to my hairline. That sort of thing does happen (looking at you, Woodz), but it happens rarely enough that it's startling every time. And then I remembered I'd never reviewed this and cursed Past Fangirl for not being on top of things. Major congratulations, though! I'm delighted that y'all gave me more work. This makes me happy. And they're very close to coming off Underage Protocol. Just a few more months.

I'm kind of hating myself for failing to cover this when it was released. It's fine though. Because I'm reviewing this song now, I'm going to add it to this year's playlist for the new releases I like the best. The beat is solid without overwhelming the entire song and allowing the vocals to have something to push against o that it doesn't fly off into the atmosphere, but there are also enough changes to not have that beat become stagnant. And that opening? My eyebrows were raising, again, and I was mentally slamming that red button to turn my chair around like on the Voice, and at no point did the song dissuade me.

So even though the group is on Underage Protocol, I'd absolutely have this in my regular listening playlist. It's so pretty. The vocals remind me a lot of Girls' Generation so strongly, but the chorus reminds me of Hwasa, specifically Good Goodbye which wouldn't be released for another year. That's delightful because that song is so good. They stay in the breathy quality that plagued those early songs I reviewed, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't review it then, because the fatigue from that sound is much lower now.

Wow, this is actually quite a bit of a summer song. Nice. It's also very cute. And I'm absolutely hysterical over how often I am seeing the word ambergris. It's a waxy, flammable byproduct of the bile ducts of sperm whales that was (and I think sometimes still is) used as a base for perfume. Did I mention to y'all that I recently got into perfumery? I did not expect to use that here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of the B-Sides:: WJSN: Pantomime

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Music Show Wins:: Week of 07/08 - 07/14

Song Review:: NAZE: NAZE- People Talk {Debut}

Song Review:: Bijou: Summer Night 2026

Battle of the B-Sides:: RAINZ- Music up

Battle of the B-Sides:: f(x): Shadow

Song Review:: 8TURN: 8.X- Stagefright

Battle of the B-Sides:: Ailee: Love Recipe

Song Review:: Plave: Caligo Pt. 1- Dash