Song Review:: POW: Sunset {Pre-release}

  • Release date: 2024 September 23/ October 21
  • Album tracklist: Sunset
  • Album runtime: 3 minutes

 So at some point, I saw something about them on...probably Instagram, because after KCon LA when I went to find them on YouTube, I found that I'd already followed them. I do not remember doing this, but apparently I really like them, even if I can never remember I do. I haven't found the song that I'm obsessed with yet, but it doesn't change that I like them.

This is an acoustic song with an electric guitar. I'm almost positive that's not an acoustic. My ears were expecting one though. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't stay mellow and hug-like. It has spurts of energy through the chorus where the drums get to act up a little before settling right back down. This is a take-a-nap-to song. This is a wave-your-phone-flashlight-slowly song. Light sticks could work too since this is K-Pop after all, but there is something fundamentally "phone flashlight" about it. This deserves to be performed on a beach stage. Not actually in the sand, because that can ruin equipment, but definitely a raised platform above the beach. It's also a fall song, because all it needs is a blanket at night with the cold biting your cheeks, but not so cold that you're bundled up in thick clothing.

And guess what! The vocals are the same way. I just want to wrap myself up in their voices like my cat who steals my blankets and purr. Even the rapping is warm and blanket-like. That's it. That's all I have to say about this. It makes me want to happy cry and I don't even know what the song means. This sounds like a comfort song of the Seventeen and BTOB variety. If it's a sad song, I'm going to be so genuinely sad. But I don't think it is. It might be bittersweet, but I'm almost positive it's not a completely sad song. This is why I keep deciding that I like them. 

This is a visualizer, not a music video, and it's presented as if you're in the car driving past billboards, which have messages and images on them, and as the song progresses, the background darkens until it's past sunset. This is a missing you and hoping the best for you song. Honestly, with the song the way it is, I'm so happy that the visualizer for this is so chill, so it doesn't distract and instead simply and quietly supports the song so that it can stand on its own. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?