Song Review:: Moon Jong Up (B.A.P): Peter- Love Bomber {Pre-Release}

  • Release date: 2024 October 14/ October 31
  • Album tracklist: Boom, Feel Me, Love Bomber, TWIST YA, Muazigyoung, Different Night, Peter Fan
  • Album runtime: TBA minutes

I'm not gonna lie. I panicked a little when I saw that he had released a song this week. I knew that he had a mini album coming out at the end of the month (on Halloween!!! 🎃), and I thought he'd moved up the schedule somehow for some reason because I missed the announcement of the schedule that there would be a pre-release from it. When I saw that this was a single, the suspicion in my heart grew, which was swiftly followed by relief that the schedule was still okay when I did a swift google. 

It never ceases to amuse me that that has become the term for "looking something up on the internet".

I had not planned to be doing this today, but I'm already three days late because none of the algorithms alerted me to this until this morning when I got on to watch a different music video and had my little panic session when I saw this one was three days old, so it needs to get done. 

There's a sense of underwater in the instrumentals, but also heading into the last chorus is a swell of the majestic, a cresting wave of sound to carry the energy and Jong Up's voice through to the end. But the beginning reminds me of water more than any other point except for the very end. It also reminds me of A Fleeting Dream from the Final Fantasy X soundtrack, which anyone who has played the game would know as the song that plays when you're travelling through Zanarkand, and it's specifically the part of the song with the respirator breathing. The instruments in Love Bomber do an incredible job of mimicking without copying (not that I think the two songs are in any way related, as cool as I think that would be; it's likely simply a coincidence) the vibes. Loss. Isolation. Drowning. The fact that they so often take a step back to be quiet or brief with lots of rests behind Jong Up's voice helps support that, especially because of how the ending is structured, with one of the only parts of continuous, uninterrupted sound of the song cutting off to the echoing that dies at the end of the song.

He has a voice befitting a twelve-year idol. It's beautiful. He's got a little bit of a rasp to it that works really well with this song, but his vibrato is also beautiful, and he wields it with exquisite, delicate care. That's it. That's all I have to say about this.

Who hurt him? I mean, the list is probably long at this point, but also specifically in the love department. He looks so forlorn! I hope it's just acting, but I doubt it is. Also, look at how much water is there! It matches the instrumentals so well. As a side note, I've been really impressed with what MA Entertainment has been doing for them recently. Anyway, the cool color coordination, between the lighting, the set, and the costuming, is very well done. No, but seriously. Who hurt him? 

Why did he lose a shoe?

Why is his arm in a cast???

Why is he—

Okay. That's a thing.

I hope I get answers from the title track.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: ITZY: GOLD- Gold

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Seventeen: SPILL THE FEELS- LOVE, FAME, MONEY (Feat. DJ Khaled)

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down

Song Review:: Rose (BLACKPINK) x Bruno Mars: APT.