Song Review:: Taeyong (NCT): Rock Solid

  • Release date: 2026 April 17
  • Album tracklist: Rock Solid (feat. Anderson .Paak)
  • Album runtime: 2 minutes

 A two minute song. The disappointment is in my soul. Still, even though I'm drastically behind, I'm going to do his because even though I'm almost positive that this is not going to be a song I like (I'm almost positive that this man is a rapper in NCT and I'm just so picky about the rapping I'll listen to), I don't know. I just feel like I should. So I'm going to.

Okay, the majority of the song is in a hip-hop style, and I may not be able to listen to this song as much as I normally do when I write these reviews because of the repetition of "rock solid" in the back track. It's a bit much. The good news is that there are two spots where the repetition goes away and the hip-hop instrumental goes away to let a much softer moment to breathe before it starts back up again.

Oh, look. I was right about the rapping. Anderson .Paak has a moment where he's singing, which was surprising to hear, but I know that's him because he's got a different accent than Taeyong. I appreciate that singing a lot. It's good to hear and much like with the instrumental at that point, it helps soften the song and give it a different aural flavor compared to the rest of the song. 

Wow, I haven't seen anything that looks like it was actually filmed in the 90s like this since music videos that actually were filmed in the 90s. And what's funny about that is I recently watched a couple of Seotaiji and Boys music videos, and even in HD, they have the same quality. So the aesthetics are on point. Did SM take a look at their old H.O.T and S.E.S music videos for inspiration for the director?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Song Review:: MEOVV: MEOW {Debut}

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Song Review:: Billlie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}