Song Review:: BOYNEXTDOOR: HOME- ddok ddok ddok {Pre-Release}

  • Release date: 2026 June 08
  • Album tracklist: 06070, VIRAL, ddok ddok ddok, ADIOS!, Upside Down, DIVE, Forever You, I Wonder
  • Album runtime: 25 minutes

 I am so far behind, everyone! Pre-release! Album comes out in a few days!

This does not sound like a BOYNEXTDOOR song. Where is the fun? Where is the playful loud vibrancy inherent in their title tracks? Why is this song so serious? I had a lot of hope because having a doorbell effect was an interesting start to the song, and it was quickly dashed. There's one spot that perks my ears up every time I hear it, the spot with the background choir because oh, that's interesting, but it's not enough to save the rest of the song from the gray-scale that is this instrumental.

There's a stretch of the song that reminds me of Red Light, Green Light by TFN, but that's basically the only place where the vocals approach the normal fun. I'm glad that they're getting to show versatility, and I'm equally glad that this is a b-side and not the title track. This sounds more like Cortis or NOWZ back when they were NOWADAYS than it does BOYNEXTDOOR. 

Okay, remember when I said the instrumental was gray-scale? I didn't think the music video would also be this colorless. Why is everything Millennial Gray? Why? I do like that it's about as weird as you'd expect from a BOYNEXTDOOR music video, but the lack of color is both alarming and depressing, and I hope it's not indicative of something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28