Song Review:: V.O.S: I made a mistake
- Release date: 2026 July 19
- Album tracklist: I made a mistake, I made a mistake - instrumental
- Album runtime: 8 minutes
We just got DK and Vernon's military enlistment announcement. I have to do something to take my mind off it, even though logically I know the sooner they leave, the sooner they come back, and so far I'm 2/2 in my prediction that they'd be enlisting after Dino debuted. I'm also happy to note that the big worry I had, that they'd have to do birthday lives separately, is not a concern because if the math is mathing correctly, DK should get back in March and Vernon in May. So I'm going to hope that V.O.S, as a first gen group very removed from all of that, can distract me. It's a tall order, but if anyone can, it's first gen vocals.
I may have made a miscalculation, looking at the title of the song, but it's fine. We've got my beloved strings and the guitar is soft, beautiful, and non-obtrusive, even when it's more noticeably electric, to pair with the drums that are basically omnipresent. It's a genuinely beautiful instrumental that feels a little fairytale in the quietly grand scale of things. I think there may also be a cello in there as part of the strings pack, which is delightful on my end because as mucha s I adore violins and violas, I love how lovely and rich the cello can make a song because it automatically adds depth, and also sello players deserve time to shine too.
The vibrato we're hearing is enough to settle my very emotional brain right now, but you know what else this song has in spades enough to almost make me smile? Vocal layers. Yes, we are getting harmonies, and I would have been happy just with them, but during the second part of the song, we've got the harmonies and we've also got them singing completely different parts. I'm glad we've been getting music from them more frequently again, because these are incredible voices. Masterful control. Simply beautiful.
We've got a live performance, everyone, to take the place of a proper music video!
Comments
Post a Comment