Song Review:: SF9: TENACITY- Without Wings
- Release date: 2026 August 26
- Album tracklist: Without Wings, Curtain Call, PRESSURE, One More Kiss, Cross My Mind, Too Easily, Mr. Bang Bang, Best Mistake, REAL FROM THE FAKE, Do You Want Me
- Album runtime: 27 minutes
I've decided that I'm just going to have to have a repeat of 2024 when I started this. So everything is getting paused while I write them and get a bit of a backlog going so I can start posting three a day again. And this particular release, circling back to SF9 who is the star of this post, has six members with Zuho and Yoo Taeyang still in the military. We're getting through our military era with these guys slowly but surely.
I kind of wish this song was more distinct in the instrumental department. We do have spots where there are a bunch of rests being used, and used well. But other than those spots, the instrumental is both very stable and very repetitive, designed to essentially provide the support through the beat and little else. This is the kind of instrumental that so fully stays out of the way of the vocals that it's almost unremarkable and would be except for the bridge and the rests. It's hard to comment on something that is so consistently there that it fades into the background.
I think most of the group that's out right now are vocalists, which explains why the vocal landscape of the song is almost entirely singing. A lot of the song is relatively mild and soft, a little bit of a surprise because the instrumental is the way it is. It's very pretty, don't get me wrong, but it's also soothing enough that right now when I'm incredibly tired, it's lulling me a bit more than is ideal. However, just when I was willing to write this song off as being too safe as so many of them have been recently, e get a little bit of a vocal show-off. It's not much, but it is there, so I'm not going to whine too much.
The visuals are visualling and their dancing is impeccable. The heat wave theme is also pretty appropriate for the sound of the song, which is a little bit of a summer night kind of song. The vibes are here.
Comments
Post a Comment