Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee;Make (Fragmenta Amoris)- Four seasons, and you
- Release date: 2026 September 15
- Album tracklist: A Story Like A Movie; Four seasons, and you; Nameless Star; Evergreen
- Album runtime: 15 minutes
My cat's bias is pulling out the Latin for his album title, I see. I'm not kidding. I'm actually glad that Changsub is in a different country from me because there's no risk of him ever meeting T'Challa and T'Challa deciding he loves Changsub more than me. In more serious news, this morning I saw the vocal challenge that Jongho did of this song and I about swooned. Partially because of the Mayfly crumbs, but also because even without hearing the original, Jongho and Changsub have such similar timbres that I think Jongho could actually and properly do justice to one of Changsub's ballads. Which he obviously did for the vocal challenge. Also, nearly four minutes a song. I love this man. It looks like the entire mini album was written by the same people, which is fun.
This is a fascinating instrumental. It actually moves through four "seasons". From the beginning, I thought that this was going to a lot more rock from that very strong guitar opening, but then the violin kicks in and it softens up beautifully. The piano is also doing a lot of the heavy lifting in this song because there are spots where the song is literally just his voice and a piano. But the majority of the instrumental seems to be written to sit alongside his voice as a full fledged instrumental track on its own merit that happens to have a vocal track that slots perfectly into it. Gorgeous.
For the record, I finally let my cat listen to this. His head popped up from where he was napping as soon as he heard Changsub's voice, and now he's melted into an actual ink puddle on my bed. His eyes open when the song ends, and they close again when Changsub starts singing. I was not kidding about being glad to be on a different continent from him. I'm sad because we're on different continents and the opportunities for me to hear his voice are currently non-existent, because his vibrato is fully unleashed in this song, even on some of the shorter notes. And the fact that you can hear the breath control in this song, it almost sounds like a live recording, which doesn't surprise me because sound engineers love working with him because they don't have to do any work correcting notes, so what gets preserved as the released track is basically just him performing it. If I were inclined to rating the reviews, the vocals here would get 11/10. I just want to bask and he just keeps getting better.
The coloring and the lighting in this music video is incredible. Top tier. And the storyline? This is all I want. Really. I'm having emotions right now over this.
Comments
Post a Comment