Song Review:: Close Your Eyes- Open Your Eyes
- Release date: 2026 September 18
- Album tracklist: Open Your Eyes
- Album runtime: 3 minutes
It's partway though September and I don't think I've reviewed a song from September yet. Starting with Close Your Eyes and their song called "Open Your Eyes" feels a little bit funny for me. Which is why I'm doing it. Also, the maknae turns eighteen at the end of the month, so this is the last time I'll probably need to bring up any of their ages. Not that I have been because I haven't needed to. But still. This makes it official.
Why does the instrumental sound like the preset on a keyboard? There are a lot of instruments going on in here and it's a little distracting with exactly how much is going on. Jaunty little tune, though, despite how discordant it is. But it's very jazzy at the same time, so discordant is sometimes the name of the game anyway. But goodness, there are a lot of instruments. As an instrumental-only, I would absolutely be jamming hardcore to this because it's so interesting and there's so much movement. As the background to the vocals, I think it's a little bloated.
Close Your Eyes are really making a name for themselves for smooth vocals, aren't they? Between them and LNGSHOT, they're doing a lot for injecting the smoother musical genres back into K-Pop consistently. But this is so 90s boy group in the vocals that I keep having to remember that this came out this week. We've got good vibrato in a few spots and some harmonizing. The one thing the song is missing is someone just going ham on the ad-libs and power vocals.
We have a couple of cuts hidden in the camera work, but the smoothness that's going on here is incredible. It's all vibes and visuals though to service the sound of the song and not distract from it, which I think is the right choice.
Comments
Post a Comment