Song Review:: L (Infinite): 24/7- What's Not To Love

 

  • Release date: 2024 August 05
  • Album tracklist: Intro, What's Not To Love, Blue Summer, My Universe, Talk To You, What's Not To Love(Inst.)
  • Album runtime: 18 minutes

The little I've heard of Infinite, I've liked. I don't think I could name any of their songs off the top of my head, but I'm sure that if I checked my one playlist, I'd be able to find one or two. They are in the sweet-spot for the groups I like best, after all. 

The guitar is lovely. It taps into the country music lover in me. And a harmonica? Could there be instrumentals more keyed specifically for me to love them? Go ahead and read that with Chandler's voice. You have my permission. The song is chill and mellow and lovely easy listening. My grandmother, if she was alive, would probably have absolutely adored this song. Who needs complicated synth and fifteen different instruments when this is fantastic simplicity? I'm surprised that this is the title track because it seems a little too simple for one, but this could be the most rock & roll of the album. And I love the length. It feels like an actual song instead of half of one.

L's voice is foot-tapping worthy, and it matches the vibe of this song so well, in fact, that I may have found a song to add to my "in case of insomnia" playlist. Because, hello there. I'm not in complete awe of it, because while I really like it, I'm not hearing evidence of jaw-dropping vocals. I'd like to hear what he sounds like when he lets loose, though, because I think he could have them. He has incredible control over his voice, though. It's as I'd expect from a second gen artist. I just want more because I suspect that there is more. 

Is it just me or does it feel like L took advantage of the vibes of the song to go back to his roots. And it's a love song to boot. It's got serious boyfriend vibes, and he's flashing his dimples all over the place. I'm a sucker for dimples, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to watch this music video too much because those dimples are lethal. How many times can I say that word this paragraph? Anyway, the vibes all match. I have nothing to whine about there. It's great. It's not stunning. But it's very comfortable, and I really like that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?