Song Review:: Minhyuk (Huta) (BTOB): TEMPERATURE- Icy & Spicy

  • Release date: 2026 July 15
  • Album tracklist: Icy & Spicy, KO, KO (Rush ver)
  • Album runtime: 8 minutes

 I've already gotten a slight spoiler of this. Everyone, be prepared for muscles on display. Funny thing about this is, my mom mentioned to me a bit ago that he said he'd been dieting since May. I said, "He's releasing something soon." The next day: announcement. My mother and I discuss K-Pop often as one of our shared interests along with D&D, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, ASOIF, etc. 

Minhyuk. This song is too short.

This man really likes his brass instruments, doesn't he? I'd be a lot happier if we got more of that, but being placed where it is in the song (intro and chorus) is a good second. Otherwise, most of the song is taken up by a very strong dance beat that is likely to have a lot of body rolls and strutting of some sort. This is not one of his soft and sentimental song' this is one of his swaggery songs that's truly Huta, not BTOB's Minhyuk.

So what you're telling me is that he's showing off both rapping and vocals in one song. Combined with the dancing that we both know he's going to have for this, he's showing off that he's a triple threat. I am a little tentative, however, because the rapping very much sounds like him, or at least one of his rapping styles, but the singing is interestingly not what I'm used to hearing from him. He sounds a bit like Seungmin in some spots and I.N in others, which means there's a Mayfly reference here required by law. But this song doesn't slow down at any point. When the vocals go a bit harder, the instrumental back off. When he instrumental gets bolder, the vocals back off. That's very well done.

I warned y'all about the muscles. With his hair like this, the resemblance between him and Soobin is really strong. Those are some interesting camera angles this music video has. We have less in terms of the body rolls than I was expecting, but there's still a lot of swaggering and strutting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Battle of the B-Sides:: Candy Shop: Candy#

Greatest Hits:: Seventeen: Not Alone {Japanese}

Greatest Hits:: Girl's Day: Something

Song Review:: IU: A flower bookmark, Pt. 3- Never Ending Story

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: BSS (Seventeen): Teleparty- CBZ (Prime Time)

Battle of the B-Sides:: NU'EST: Thank You (Evening by Evening)

Song Review:: fromis_9: From Our 20's- LIKE YOU BETTER

Battle of the B-Sides:: Pentagon: When I Was In Love