Song Review:: Heart of Woman: Heart Byte : LEGACY- TEA

  • Release date: 2026 May 28
  • Album tracklist: ALIVE, SHOW H.O.W, Told U So, TEA, My Vision, Skit.exe, Lost in Proof, ($.$), Close To Me, One Beat, Dive With Me
  • Album runtime: 28 minutes

 I decided to drop this song as an extra stage, which means that it needs a review. We're not on Underage Protocol and I'm going to stop saying that as soon as I'm done with all the songs they've done stuff for from their debut album. And I love the strategy the company has for them. Yes. This is good. This group is not immediately unemployed after debut (Cough...Pledis...Cough...). I also just realized that I missed another b-side, and considering that this is a younger group and needs attention, I'll add it back to the ever-growing list of backlog.

This is a fun build of an instrumental. Instead of throwing the skittering beat at us right from the start, it layers the plinking and the playfulness in first. Then we get the piano there during the bridge to give a similar melody, but a very different texture to the song. I wish this was longer because it moves so well that I'd like to be able to sit in a longer song. Fifteen more seconds. That's all I'm asking for. It would still be under three minutes, but it would be so satisfying. I love that piano. I really do. 

I love the vocals on this group. We've got such a good mix of tones and I'm pretty sure we've got both at least one alto in the mix of mezzos and sopranos. But that also means that we get actual, proper harmonies going on and not just because of the ad-libs, which we also have. I also wish the sound engineer had been a bit bolder and given some of these spots a stronger left-right lean in a stereo-system. That would have sounded so cool. 

The choreography for this song is simultaneously kind of adorable and also requires a lot of body control. I'm not sure exactly what an "archiving video" is, but I'd classify this as a performance video. And I love that it was done at sunset in, I'm assuming, LA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Halloween Spookening: 2025 Edition

Battle of the B-Sides:: The Boyz: Survive The Night

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Song Review:: Stray Kids: THIS & THAT- After You

Song Review:: Close Your Eyes- Open Your Eyes

Battle of the B-Sides:: HOT ISSUE: We Go