Song Review:: Le Sserafim: Crazy- Crazy

 

  • Release date: 2024 August 30
  • Album tracklist: Chasing Lightning, Crazy, Pierrot, 1-800-hot-n-fun, Crazier
  • Album runtime: 15 minutes

    Why is there only one song in the album that is longer than three minutes? I rounded up on the runtime to get that length. I am not a fan of this trend. 

    Anyway.

    I'm likely not going to be adding this song to any of my regular listening playlists. It's too grating on my ears to want to listen to it too much; even listening to it on repeat to write this is proving unpleasant for me. I also haven't watched the music video yet. I'll get to that when I get to that section, but from what I've heard of the choreography, that may warm the song up to me a little. 

    As it stands, it's incredibly effective with the concept it has. It reminds me of SHINee's Ring Ding Dong, in terms of the earworm-ness to it. The club EDM with the synth and the MIDI fits so well to the concept of Crazy, it almost makes me like it. It does not make me want to dance to it, so that's where I struggle, that and the fact that it's so undeniably club music and so is the only place I could picture myself listening to it. I don't typically go to clubs.

    I get the sense, while listening to it, that it's a Harley Quinn song. This song is for the Harley Quinn girlies, the ones who went crazy over love, and who may or may not also be dealing with the red flags of the relationship. And I genuinely love that for this song. It's just not a song for me. 

    But, and this is the funny part, I absolutely love the music video. It is bonkers and wild and very Gen Z coded (which makes sense because I'm pretty sure that they're all part of that generation), but I love it. I love the music video so much that I may actually enjoy the song in the future, and the choreography is lovely. That choreography is so much fun. And the music video is so much fun. It'll be interesting to see if the song itself warms up to me or if I'll be forced to only listen to the song when I watch the music video. 

    I like the trajectory they're going on after Coachella. Well done. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?